It was not long ago when there was a general assumption that when we grow older, we’ll naturally need to move into an assisted living facility or nursing home. There’s now an increased awareness that living at home throughout aging with in-home assistance can be a feasible option. There’s also additional widespread information since the pandemic began that aging at home is the most desired and safest choice.
So, how might you assess the senior care solutions that are ideal for someone you love? First, you’ll want to consider his or her degree of functionality within these two areas:
- Activities of Daily Living: These include daily tasks like showering/bathing, getting dressed, getting out of and into a chair or bed, using the bathroom, eating and walking.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living: These tasks consist of money management, cooking, housekeeping, shopping, taking medications properly, transportation and using the phone.
If a senior loved one is challenged by some of these types of activities, home care can be extremely useful in improving both safety and independence. Not just that, but in-home care from a knowledgeable agency, like Abby Senior Care, offers numerous other benefits, such as:
- An enhanced level of overall wellbeing comes from remaining within the older adult’s environment of choice, where he or she is most accustomed.
- An in-home caregiver supplies the socialization which is so beneficial for physical and emotional health. Throughout the isolating months of the pandemic, the need for routine social contact became even more glaringly apparent.
- Home care services promote healing after a surgical procedure or hospital stay, and minimize the danger for re-hospitalizations.
- Home care allows seniors and their friends and family to savor more quality time together. A caregiver who helps with errands and daily chores frees up family members from these tasks. And frequently, seniors feel much more comfortable having personal care needs tended to by a care professional rather than a family member.
- Home care services are highly personalized, determined by each individual’s unique needs, routines, schedule, and requests.
- With the one-on-one care provided by an in-home caregiver, care is not shared with other residents as it is in a facility setting – meaning needs can be met instantly without waiting for a senior’s turn.
- A healthier lifestyle is achievable for seniors receiving home care services. Caregivers can prepare nutritious meals that are appealing, provide medication reminders, offer motivation and encouragement to stay physically active, and much more.
- With transportation and accompaniment provided by the caregiver, an older adult can remain engaged in the community through outings to fun destinations, lunch dates, visit with friends, religious services and much more.
At Abby Senior Care, we are honored provide senior in-home care in Denver, CO, and the surrounding communities with the services that make life the very best it can be. Our caregivers are background checked, fully trained, and experienced in providing senior care solutions for an array of older adult care needs in the home. Contact us any time at 303-699-8840 for a no-cost in-home consultation to discover if in-home care in the Denver, CO area is right for an older adult you love.